About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dinner for one...

I'm the only one in the house that will eat beets.

I'm the only one in the house that will eat asparagus.

I'm the only one in the house that will eat spinach.

I'm the only one in the house that will eat broiled fish.

So tonight, I prepared a meal for me.  Just for me.  Without ketchup.  Or some sort of fun finger food to keep things interesting.

The Husband is at a formal military dinner (first one I have ever missed, and I am ok with that).  I just was not up to figuring out childcare, finding a fancy dress to fit my size 14 butt, and spending way too much money on a weekend away that isn't really a weekend away. 

I went last year, and ended up alone pretty much the majority of the time because he is in meetings most of the day. 


This year, they threw a wrench in the plans, so after I decided to not go, they decided to not have the all day meetings.  Oh well. 

The Schwan's guy came today, so we are fully stocked on their yummy chicken fries that The Toddler will eat by the bucket.

So I boiled the biggest beet I think they had at the store for an hour and a half.  Not kidding, that sucker was HUGE.  Like softball on steroids huge.  I won't make that mistake again.  But it was goooooood.


I broiled a lovely Tilapia fillet with butter, sliced garlic, and spinach.

I steamed up a mess of asparagus.

So while The Toddler dined on chicken fries, corn and carrots (mostly chicken fries)...I sat down to a YUMMY dinner just for me.  No one will eat off my plate tonight.  It's ALL mine.  Every single bit.

And we watched Dora. 

No comments:

Popular Posts