About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Monday, August 12, 2013

I'll love you....

Kiddo turns 6 on Saturday.

Where has the time gone? 

He's gone from the itty bitty baby that we brought home from the hospital to this gangly six year old that is commandeering my cell phone on a regular basis and operating the TV remotes like a pro.  He has not been introduced to the Playstation/Nintendo/Wii yet, but The Husband and I have a lovely surprise for his Birthday morning.  A bright shiny red Nintendo 3DS.  I'm so excited, and I have no idea why.  I'm just going to see the top of his head for the next 20 years.

He's knocking on 50 pounds and I am going to have to adjust his car seat AGAIN.  Imagine my dismay when I found out that after 50 pounds we can no longer use the LATCH system and have to move on to having it secured by the seat belt.  What the hell?  The LATCH is just so much simpler.  Now The Husband and I have to figure out how to feed the seat belt through, fight out in the driveway, get sweaty and hot in the backseat (and not in a good way) while cussing the whole train wreck. 

I did an online height estimator on him and it projected him to be 6' 4".  OMG!  How am I supposed to feed 6' 4" when he won't eat beef of any type?  Or much in the way of processed foods?  Or most cereals?  I cringe at the thought of buying 50 pounds of baby corn and baby carrots every week.  I don't think they make that much French dressing!

He's got an obsession with all things Star Wars, Angry Birds, Angry Birds Star Wars, and Legos (PS...dear Legos company.  You can kiss my ass.  Your impossibly hard and overpriced Legos sets are the bane of my existence.  I for one am slightly jealous of your genius and marketing, but on the other hand...well, you can kiss my ass).

He's in a new school for the summer.  I am not a fan.  But it will be Ok for a few more weeks.  There isn't much structure to his day.  He isn't getting to draw as often.  Apparently they don't read very often either.  They do play.  A lot.  And he is outside.  A lot.  So I guess it counts for something.  I'm just ready for him to start Kindergarten.  I miss his old preschool terribly, to the point I schlepped his behind up for Vacation Bible School last week.  He had an absolute blast and The Husband and I managed to slip in two mini dates.  One to Waffle House and one to GameStop to finish up his birthday.

He will willingly wet his hair now.  He spent four hours at the pool at one of our campgrounds this summer and came out with perfectly dry tousled hair.  However, last night, in the shower, I catch him ducking his head into the water and giggling with glee.  He is also wetting his comb on a regular basis to 'make his hair look nice' in the morning.   Before, if you just mentioned water he would start shrieking as if we had drowned him and then rolled him in ground glass.

My baby is growing up into a Big Boy.

But I still get my cuddles at night.  My child still will not go to bed alone.  So I am still trekking upstairs with a book (some nights) and my Iphone (more nights) for a bedtime story/video.  Then we cuddle...and whisper...

"Kiddo...I'll love you forever and ever"

"I love you too mom.  Even when you get old and die...I'll still love you"

Makes a Mom proud a little...and somewhat skeeved out...but proud.



No comments:

Popular Posts