About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rock the Vote...err Boat...whatever...just Rock It!

Today was the day to exercise our right to Vote.

To Vote for the guy or gal that speaks what we think.

To Vote for the lesser of the two evils in some circumstances.

To Vote for Someone to keep from voting for Someone Else, even though we know the Someone Else is going to win because no one pays attention to the issues and just slings votes around, but then we can say we didn’t vote for that Someone Else.

To Vote for or against an amendment, or provision, or bond, or locality issue.

It’s the time for us to make our little drop in the bucket voice be heard.

Rock the Vote.

However, to a three year old, who is already FOUL about getting up on a Tuesday morning and getting ready for daycare, while it is still dark outside (I’d rather leave for work in the dark than come home in the dark, but honestly, this is getting tiresome), and then being told we were going to Vote, he got a little too enthusiastic. I was wondering why. This kid was not amused two seconds ago, now he is ready to get his jacket and Go!

Apparently, in Three Year Old Land, going to Vote comes out as ‘going to get a Boat’.

I disappointed my child big time.

Not only was there no boat in the church parking lot, but in Three Year Old Land, Voting was pretty darn boring.

I explained, as we stood in line in close proximity to someone that had smoked a pack on the way in, that this is when we choose the people that make the rules.

My Toddler thought about it for a minute and said ‘We don’t take people’s snack…that’s their snack…I have my snack. That’s a rule Mommy’.

My little Conservative Republican…the spawn of a Conservative Republican and a Sorta Conservative but Kinda Liberal Independant…I love him.

The old man in front of me…not the smoker…turned around and said ‘well put young man’.

My Toddler glared at him.

And proceeded to glare at everyone at the precinct…because there was no Boat in sight.

And that’s why I am proud to be an American.

And upon talking to other parents of Three Year Old Land dwellers, the Boat thing is pretty across the board. Lots of fits thrown today, because there was no Boat.

Dang…first they promise a chicken in every pot, now our kids expect a Boat in the parking lot!

No comments:

Popular Posts