About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Help Wanted

I almost feel like I have been browsing the ‘Personals’ pages…or an online dating service.

I feel a bit judgmental and nosey.

I am also just getting a bit desperate and aggravated.

You see, I am looking for a cleaning lady.

Because I am NOT going through this freaking Deployment without some help.

I nearly lost my mind the last time, and I won’t do it this time.

I will NOT work 40 hours a week, drive 10 hours a week commute, take care of The Toddler, The Dog, The Cat and The House…and then get up at 5am on Saturday so that I can speed clean and half ass get the house in order before The Toddler rouses up and needs to be tended to.  So then I can go get groceries, run the errands, do something fun with The Toddler, and get other things done.

Thankfully, I am NOT doing this Deployment neither pregnant or with a newborn, like the last freaking time.

Can you tell I have really fond memories of 2007-2008?  REALLY fond memories of that nightmare of a year.

So I logged into a website that allows folks to post their profiles for childcare (nope not using that one…we have a great babysitter), housekeeping, pet care (if they want The Dog, I might give him up before it is over)…to stalk a cleaning service. 

I paid my $35 monthly fee.

I have contacted five profiles.

I just want them to scrub down my tubs and sinks.  Do my floors and general dusting.  I'm not asking for much.  Just some help. Every other week. 

ONLY ONE has contacted me back in the three days since I contacted them.

ONLY ONE.

Oh, wait TWO.  One replied back ‘that’s not too far’. 

Uhm.  Do  you want to come give me an estimate, or what?

She hasn’t replied back.

I’m checking out their pictures. 

I’m reading their profiles.

I’m judging the heck out of these people that I have never met.

All in the hopes that I can find someone that doesn’t skeeve me out, to come clean my house, while I am not home.

No comments:

Popular Posts