About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Last day

Today is my last day of my self made unemployment.

I've enjoyed my few months of being a part time stay at home mom.

I've really enjoyed being able to get a few errands done, eat lunch, study and THEN go pick up Kiddo at Preschool.

I haven't cleaned out the closets like I said I would.

The cabinet under my kitchen counter is still a disaster.

But I did build two cabinets for the laundry room. 

And have maintained some sense of sanity.

The Husband and I had planned some days 'alone' when he came home during my off time...but that's not going to happen now.

But it is time to go back to work.

Yes...it is.

Grab that brass ring and paycheck while it is there!

Considering the fact that I blew $200 on new uniforms on Monday, bought more Christmas presents for Kiddo, and I am getting a little too relaxed with my studying ( I am still straight A's...just not busting my tail quite so hard anymore).

I need to mix it up a little.

Today, I spent the better part of the morning shoveling (yes, I said shoveling) fucking LEAVES.

The new $20 leaf rake I bought today has a scooped inside that acts as a shovel when you flip it over.

It's awesome.  If you like that in a leaf rake.

Apparently I do.  I was excited.

Dude at Lowe's thought I had lost my mind.  He just walked away.

BUT.

I hate Leaves.

I despise LEAVES.

Fuckers...all of them.

I can almost hear the trees laughing as I scoop, and rake, and blow, and scoop, and drag that damned tarp to the back yard...

Bitches...I have a chainsaw.  I'll take all of you out.

I took pics to show The Husband my progress.  He gave me the 'I wish I was there to help you' line...my reply was 'If you were here, they'd be done and you'd be bitching louder than me.'  He didn't reply.

Then I sat down and dined on leftover fantabulous Italian from last night, watched The Green Lantern in uninterrupted bliss...and then figured it was time to pick up Kiddo and call my period of  Unemployment...DONE.

*sigh*

I have loved it so.  I feel like my brain is fairly straight now.  I can THINK sometimes. 

But I have also discovered that I hate the sound of Hot Wheels cars hitting the wood floor.  I bought a huge area rug and he always manages to land them right off the edge of it.

Makes me cringe...

About like the sound of a leaf blower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! Back to the land of the working class.

Popular Posts