About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Really...I just want to sleep without someone's feet in my face

Ok...I've talked before about how we practice attachment parenting. We are a snuggle cuddle family...and have always been.

My son has moved to the big boy bed...so now our bedtime routine is to read a few stories in the rocker. Go pee. Brush teeth. And go to bed.

Which means I get into his twin sized race car bed too. We talk, we whisper...he squirms and wiggles and tosses and turns.

Then he goes to sleep.

Most of the time.

The majority of the time I doze off too for a little while. I've been sleeping in either a recliner, a rocking chair since he was born. I'm grateful to have moved to a bed...even if it is a twin sized race car bed.

But my son was born with my husbands sleeping routine. Flop, flitter, toss and turn all night. A grown man flopping around in the bed in a pain in the tail. A toddler that has plenty of turning radius is most obnoxious.

And then he decides to sleep upside down. Doesn't matter what bed we are in, he's upside down within a short time...feet in my face.

If nothing wakes you up from the first luxurious round of sleep, a pair of flailing toddler feet whacking you in the nose will. Like at 3am this morning. He went to bed just freaking fine...but at 2a was yelling for me at the top of the stairs. I just brought him to 'mommydaddybed' because I wasn't too sure what planet I was on to begin with. At 3a, I got the obligatory kick in the face. Nice.

It makes you rethink your parenting choice for about two seconds while you try to come around to your senses and not start just whacking at the offending feet.

Then you see that little sleeping face, all curled up, on top of the covers, and you just give up. You've gotta sleep somehow...and this works for us.

This is yet another reason we are not having two. We can't fit a king sized bed in our bedroom.

No comments:

Popular Posts