About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm going to bite Reality...before it bites Me

Yesterday evening, we went to the beach and played in the sand for two hours, until it got too cool and windy to justify being out there much longer.

During that time...we had a conversation with a family from Canada.

And when it came up that The Husband was going Overseas...The Canadian Husband said 'You act like he's going to the store or something...not gone for a year'

I guess I do.

What else am I supposed to do?

Everytime it comes up...should I start wailing and pulling at my hair?

Because that is what I really really want to do. 

But I am a Soldier's Wife...I can't do anything about his Orders, or his Job. 

My heart can be breaking into a thousand pieces but I have to stand there and take it...and smile...or grimace.  Whatever.

I can't snap in front of The Toddler, because this is not going to be a Big Deal.

Daddy is Going to Drill.  That's it.  That's all.

It is what it is.

And I am scared...and worried...and reality has sunk in.

Especially when I set the timer on our camera and took our required family beach picture.

This is it...the countdown is on.

Just sitting there watching The Toddler shovel sand...it hit me...this is It.

And soon The Husband will be gone...for a year. 

And this is going to suuuuuuck.

So BITE ME Reality.  You can just BITE the big one before you Bite Me.

I already know this is going to suck.

I already know I am going to cry and throw a tantrum in the next few weeks.

I already know I am going to get bitter and bitchy.

So there...I'll Bite YOU First.

No comments:

Popular Posts