About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's my Party...

I might cry today...

I'm turning 36 today.

I don't know why that is giving me an anxiety attack.

It's just 36.
Not 40 for crying out loud.
But 40 is now a hell of a lot closer than it was.

I should be happy that I am turning a healthy 36...

Well...other than the raging pinched nerve in my neck that has my shoulder in a freaking knot...and will probably require more freaking physical therapy to get it working right again for a while. 

Or the damned 'freckle' that the opthamologist found in my eye and is now sending me to have digital pictures taken in two weeks so that they can monitor it and make sure it doesn't turn into 'melanoma'.  Yeah...not a word you EVER expect to hear at the eye doctors office.  That's a whole new thing for me to Google the hell out of.  It's quite common...but I didn't have my laptop handy in the docs office, so I was practically twitching from lack of info until The Husband handed me his IPhone at lunch so I could look it up.  *sigh*   And then I bought the biggest pair of polarized sunglasses ever in the history of me buying sunglasses...because that put the fear of everything in me.

Or the fact I am seeing a counselor to deal with issues in regards to The Deployment.

I'm gonna have to mention 'the freckle' at the next visit.

But hey...35 was fairly good to me:
I still have a job.
The Toddler is growing by leaps and bounds.
All of our bills are paid.
I didn't wig out on anyone.
It was a pretty good year.

I looked for gray hairs last night.  So far, I have none.  But I am also blonde...and hoping that they aren't hiding in there...and just keeping the thought that I don't have any as my 'I'm aging really well' mantra.

The girls I work with...they all talk about lines and wrinkles.  I don't have any.  My face is nice and fat...so that is one plus to being about twenty pounds overweight.  I have plump fresh skin...or plump anyway.

I am sporting a fresh set of highlights in my hair.  A little too highlighted...but that is what happens when you do a home job and The Toddler and The Husband interrupt you and you lose track of time.  But they look 'sun kissed'...or 'sun slobbered' really.  They'll be fine.

I'm just freaking out a little. 

My mom was my age when I was in first grade. Was she really my age when I was 6?   Because she was such a MOM....I never thought of her as anything else.  

I met The Husband when I was 17...and turned 18 two months later.  We have now been together more than half of our lives...

Holy Crap.

Ok...another heart palpitation...

Let me get through 36 in one piece please...Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was a great one!

Never heard of melanoma of the EYE? I thought melanoma meant cancer of the SKIN? Guess I'll have to upgrade my $5 Target sunglasses.

Popular Posts