About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Getting Religion...

We have “Come to Jesus Meetings” at our house.
This means, if you are acting up, and threats of removing toy, TV program, or in my husbands case…computer time, doesn’t work. 
We go to a quiet corner in the restaurant, camper show, store, etc…and we have a “Come To Jesus meeting”.  Most of the time it is a bathroom stall…and as I go in, I explain in a loud voice to those who are present “he is three and we are about to have a Come To Jesus meeting”.  I usually get silence, but sometimes a chuckle.
Basically, I (or The Husband if I didn’t catch on first), will kneel down in front of the sorrowful Toddler and explain very seriously what he was doing and why it was not appropriate.  The talk can last thirty seconds, or in some cases, a few minutes. 
“Come to Jesus meetings” usually work really well.
It give the Toddler a moment to correct himself and get his head out of his butt.
It gives us a moment to chill and reset the situation.
This morning…I am explaining to The Toddler on the way to daycare that we are going out to dinner tonight with The Husband’s Friend Rick and he needs to show his manners. 
The Toddler contemplates this and asks if we are going to Elm Copawow…
His favorite Mexican restaurant that he cannot pronounce.
Yes we are.
He pauses.
Then says “Yes.  Cause I don’t want to go to the bathroom and see Jesus”
Me either babe…me either.

No comments:

Popular Posts