About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Balancing Act...it's a Balancing Act

Ok...we are entering week Two.

The Husband was home all weekend, and we got a lot accomplished...grass mowed, house cleaned, clutter taken care of...

And he left this morning again, at 430a, to report to work at his Armory.

Two more weeks of this crazy on again/off again schedule, then he won't be coming home on the weekends anymore...
He'll be Officially Mobilized...

Then we will be a few days from the dreaded Departure Ceremony.

And that sucks.

But The Toddler and I are starting to get our feet under ourselves.

Tonight was much easier.  I cooked dinner on the side burner of the grill while he played in the sandbox.

I'm not a fan of processed foods, but sometimes they are OK.  So we had a bag of Stouffers Express alfredo.

Somewhere the clerks at Whole Foods just rolled over in their lanes.

But hell...build a store closer to my job or my house, and we'll talk more often!

Honestly, I'd rather have our local Italian restaurants fettuccine alfredo...but it'll do.

Hard to stop off, get out of the car, get The Toddler out of the car, schlep in...get our food...schlep out...stow the food, put The Toddler back in the car, get back in the car, and THEN go home...and unload.

I love Curbside to Go...but I am sick of Applebees...their 'chicken cheeni' isn't close.

The Toddler loved it my frozen processed foods dinner.

He has no taste buds anyway.

The proved it.

Face washed, smiley face on back of hand protected from the evil washcloth, teeth brushed, ears checked (looking good!  KNOCK ON WOOD!) and in his pajamas by 8p.  He is currently parked in front of the 4,589th running of Peter Pan.  Not the animated movie...the Broadway production that they have on Netflix.

He loves it.

I'm kind of sick of it.

But I managed to order the wedding gifts for The Husband's Lieutenants wedding.  (Yes, he is being Deployed too...but with another unit) Should be a fancy shindig according to the location's website.  I'm excited.  We've had our Sitter booked since we got the invite. 

And I bought a dress for the occasion.  If you knew me...you'd know this was HUGE.

I don't wear dresses.

Ever.

Well, I don't since I turned 25.

I used to participate in pageants.  I wore gowns, and swimsuits, and dress suits in front of audiences.

I wore my wedding dress quite willingly.

But now, that I am older and wiser...

If it doesn't come with a crotch, I won't wear it.

I despise skirts.

I hate how my butt is just a draft away from being flashed to everyone.

I hate how I can't sit comfortably without wondering if someone can see my drawers.

I just despise them. 

But I guess I felt the need to look pretty...so I bought a dress....and shoes...and earrings...and a necklace.

HUGE...I mean this is HUGE.

Like Peace Treaty HUGE.

Like Federal Budget being passed HUGE.

Full Lunar Eclipse HUGE.

Just hope I don't give anyone a full lunar eclipse...that's a goal.

That and never making the People of Walmart website.

That's my other goal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally never thought about cooking dinner on the burner on the grill so he can play longer. GENIUS!

And I feel exactly the same way about skirts and dresses. BLECH.

Seriously....Me. said...

Cooking on the side burner didn't even occur to me until last night! I'll have to do it more often...especially with one pot dinners. He was having fun playing, and our kitchen windows face my junky neighbors backyard, not mine, so I couldn't keep an eye on him. So Propane Cooking I will be!

Popular Posts