About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Housekeeeeping!

Today was the start of something new and wonderful.

A beautiful relationship that I would love to see go on and on for years.

A combination of sweet utter wonder and thrill...and the tingle of a new love.

I will sacrifice and give all that I can give to keep the thrill.

I hired a Housekeeper.

Oh yes I did.

And she freaking  rocks!

I admit I was nervous. 

It was all I could do last night to not clean the house. 

I didn't want her judging me.

But as I spent my evening chasing The Toddler, wiping up after the Dog, chasing the Toddler, wiping up after the Dog...etc...I lost time to get anything done.

So this morning, I frantically emptied my dish drainer...swiped the countertop down, loaded my dirty towels in the washer and started the dishwasher...and threw The Toddlers clutter into a few bins.  Plus, I made sure I moved the Mater pillow to the futon so that she wouldn't change the pillowcase by accident.

It was just going to have to do.

I'm sure she has seen worse.

So all day, I kept wondering...

Is she done?

Did she judge my mess?

Did she roll her eyes at the kibbles of dog food that are always in the floor, no matter what I do?

Would I even notice that she had been there?

I pull in the drive...The Toddler informs me that the house is still dirty.

No kidding...the power wash guy isn't coming until next week...and we have a white house...plus pollen and mold from winter...you can imagine.  It's kind of yellow/green/white right now.  It's just gross.

We open the door, and I knew in an instant that the Cleaning Fairy really does exist.

She does.

And she rocks.

My house was beautifully clean.

And my counters were clean and organized.

My kitchen sink was shining like new!

The floors were grit, dog food, crumb free.

Even the pillows had been fluffed on the couch.

The ceiling fan had no special Halloween decorations hanging from it.

My sheets and The Toddler's sheets were neatly pillowcased and waiting in the laundry room.

Our beds were made with little turned down corners.

And she had made fans out of the ends of the toilet paper in all the bathrooms.

Now how damn neat is that!

So now to figure out how to keep this in my budget after The Husband gets back from his Big Adventure next year.  I gotta work this out!

Cause this freaking ROCKS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very envious. I want one too! And HOW CUTE are those little fans!

Popular Posts