About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Squeak Rattle Thump

Now that I am calm, after two months of dwelling on this…I will write my Car Saga down for future generations to read and learn from.
 
I bought my Toyota Corolla S in 2005.  It was the first new car I had ever owned that I totally picked out on my own…and loved it dearly.  She was blue and had a spoiler on the back.

I drove that sucker for nearly 200,000 miles.   It was paid off in three years. 

I loved her dearly.

She was a wonderful car...not a hint of issues.  

The Husband decided that we needed to sell her back in the Fall.

No.

The Husband decided that we needed to sell her back in the Winter.

No.

The Husband set up a sell with a Fellow Co Worker without letting me know at the end of January.

Yes he did.

I relented.  She was getting older, and had a lot of miles, and we were crowded on drives.

So we sold her.

During the two weeks before the Sale of the Corolla…I was scrambling to find Another Car.

I HATE car shopping.  Despise it.  This was making me NUUUUTTS.

I liked Camrys.  And I liked Accords.

So I settled on a nice used pretty Camry from the Salesguy that has sold us every other Toyota we have owned.  This would be his fifth sale to us.  Clean CarFax…pretty car.  What could go wrong?!

Salesguy makes it quick and painless and we are headed home with our pretty New Camry.

Nearly home, and I start hearing this freaking fracking awful rattling from the roof.  What the heck?

Get into our neighborhood…the roof sounds like it is going to come off.

What in the world!

Get out of car…check trunk for the five gallon bucket that HAD to be rolling around in there…cause that’s what it sounded like.

No bucket. 

Trunk was empty.

Shit.

Call Salesguy.

He apologizes…apparently it is a common complaint amongst this year of Toyota for the sunroof to rattle.  Bring it in on Monday (this was Friday) and we’ll check it. 

Question 1:  Then why in the hell didn’t you fix it when you got it?  Huh?

Rattle Rattle Rattle all weekend. 

Take it in…

They call…it needs to go to the body shop to fix the roof.    We can take you next week.

No shit.  Could’ve told you that myself, and I am NOT a mechanic dumbass.

Ok.   Whatever.

So I drive the Rattle Trap another week and a half.

They fixed the roof after four days in the Body Shop.

Halfway home…I start noticing another noise. 

It isn’t coming from the Roof…it’s the freaking Floor Board or something under there on the passenger side

Thump thump…rattle…thump…pop pop pop.

Are you kidding me?

This is starting to tick me off.

Call Salesguy again.

Bring it in Monday…we’ll take a look.

Take it Monday…they keep it a few days.  It’s a broken blah blah blah part.  You are all fixed!

Uh huh.  I bet.

A few days later…Pop Pop Rattle Thump…Rattle…Thump Thump.

This time coming from the Driver’s Side.

Are you kidding me?  Really…are you freaking fracking kidding me?

Call the Service Manager from the cell phone with the toddler yelling in the background…So sorry!  We’ll order the part that we fixed for the Driver’s side…blah blah blah.

A week and a half later…the part is in.

I take it in…its in for a few days…I pick it up. 

And I take the longest test drive EVER. 

Up roads.

Down roads.

Parking lots.

Side roads.

Silence.

Blessed silence.

So I go for two weeks with the quiet non rattling car. 

I’m happy.  The car isn’t making any noise that it isn’t supposed to.

Let me stop here and clarify the picture a little...every single time I have had to drop this car off...I had to drive 25 miles to the dealership, remove car seat, move car seat to rental, drive 25 miles back to work...lather rinse repeat.

I was sick of it.

Really sick of the car seat thing for sure.

We drove to Myrtle Beach…we drove to the Inlaws for the nephew’s Christening…

On the way home…

You guessed it…

THUMP
THUMP
POP
RATTLE
THUMP

The Toddler was asleep…so I started cussing…profusely.

Monday morning…I didn’t call my Salesguy.

I emailed him…and the Service Manager…and the Sales Manager…and told them to come and get the car.

I had had enough.

I didn’t have time for this shit.

I didn’t say shit…I deleted that word. 

I said ‘garbage’.

Told them that I didn’t have time to be driving it back out there.

So they called and profusely apologized.  I heard blah blah blah blah…and more blah.

And the tech showed up to pick up the car, and I took her for a ride in it.

Yes, that freaking thumping and popping is making me nuts for 80 miles a day…do you hear it?

Yes ma’am.

I unloaded all my crap out of the old car.  Car seat and all.  And tossed it into the rental.

I really hate installing a car seat now...even though I have it down to a science.

She drove away with Creaky.

Once it arrived at the dealership…the Husband decided at this point to pull his testosterone in the mix.

I had had enough.  I was in the state of mind to just tell them to keep it and just drive the truck for the year that The Husband is gone.

Ugly me was about to come out...and really make a stink.  

Again…I DESPISE car shopping.

The Husband called Salesguy and said to keep the car.  We want a New One.  We want a New Deal. 

Now.

And we will be keeping the rental car until it is done.

Thanks.

And after four days of negotiations, and Salesguy leaping through hoops and fire…we got a New Deal.

I picked up my brand spanking new Camry on Friday.

It’s very pretty…and it doesn’t make extra noises.

If it does…I will cry.

No comments:

Popular Posts