About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy is home!

Wow...he's home a week early! So Happy Father's Day to us!

They got finished a little early, so the guys get today as leave, and report back tomorrow. So the Toddler got to do the neat run up the driveway and meet Daddy yesterday afternoon when he pulled in. I had been telling him that Daddy would be home when we got home from taking my mom to meet my dad (she had been staying for two weeks while The Husband was gone). But Paul got stuck in the infamous DC traffic and we beat him back home.

It was so adorable to see him streaking up the driveway...blonde hair flying, yelling 'DADDY!' at the top of this lungs. He's really missed him this trip. He's just been gone so much this summer.

Since we had the pool out (a three ring blow up)...kiddo wanted Daddy to get in. Daddy obliged, clothes and all. Now, that's my husband!

All in all, good evening. Dinner out at a local place we've never tried before, but will be back! Pleasure Island Seafood in Colonial Heights VA. GOOD food. there are no windows in the place, which was strange. But the food was excellent and the service good. We'll be back!

But one thing of note...in all of our travels I have really become aware of a national crisis...and especially since potty training the monkey child... gas station bathrooms are apparently so far down the list of things to do for the folks that work there, it can get pretty scary. NASTY. SCARY. YUCK people! This is coming from a woman who peed in the men's room at a stop in Belize because I was tired of waiting in the line at the ladies' room.

That's a whole other national crisis...Puhlease women...what are you doing in there? Get in , drop trou, pee, swipe, pull up trou. I hear nose blowing, toilet paper being spun off that roll, covering of the seat (hover sweetie...lets go!). You need to go...GO! You are not doing your toilette...you are PEEING! PEE and GET OFF the POT! OMG.

Anyway, I digress.

But before I could let the Toddler go to sleep in the backseat on the way home, I had to pee. You can't leave your sleeping kid in a running vehicle while you go in to pee, no matter how dire, I still had a couple of hours to go, so I had to stop at this dive of an Exxon station somewhere between Appomattox Va and Farmville VA. I think it was Pamplin, VA, I have no bloody clue. I just needed to pee, and I had a toddler dozing off HARD in the back seat, who probably needed to potty too.

I go in, expecting YUCK, but was pleasantly surprised. Friendly cashier, CLEAN bathroom, nice store. Folks...if I am blogging about it, it impressed me. To the point I thanked the clerk.

So if you are down that way, US Route 460, drop on in...not scary at all.

Tell em the lady with the toddler wanting a sucker blogged about it. They might remember me.

No comments:

Popular Posts