About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Date Night

One night, every now and again, the husband and I fork out $12 an hour for the only babysitter we trust with monkey man, and go out for a night on the town for a few hours. To make it an even $60, and ease of running through the ATM on the way home, I book her for five hours. We booked her once, for an entire day...we had so much yard work and outside work that needed done, but no one to field the toddler running amuck...so she did. We managed to mulch, stain the deck, stain the swingset, reseed the yard, mow, weed eat and get things done! It was nice!

Last night we had JessJess from 5-10p...but we had no idea what we were going to do. We were just going out. And then we got the call.

The husband had to work yesterday since on of his co workers, his wife had the audacity to go into labor. :) I'm very happy for them, and if it had been any other reason that made him go in, I would have been pissed. But nope, the monkey and I went to the farmer's market and then to Bouncy( inflatable indoor playground that we love...not it's really name, just what the kiddo calls it).

He gets home at 430p, and we still had no plans. Go be the only people in the theatre watching Sex and the City 2, or go watch Grown Ups? But we were HUNGRY, and not drive thru hungry. Dinner HUNGRY.

So JessJess arrives while the monkey is still sleeping (lucky duck...she always gets the first hour or so child free for some crazy reason)...

We get in the truck and pull out, still no goal. Seriously, we have five hours, child free, that we are PAYING someone for, and have no goal.

So we start driving.

45 minutes later, we are at one of our favorite restaurants and seated with beers in front of us. Considering I had an empty stomach, and I can't hold my liquor anymore, I had a righteous buzz halfway through the glass. Hysterical! It was the warm fuzzy buzz that makes you want to giggle A LOT. About nothing. So I am sitting there, giggling to myself at the audacity of the fact that I am nearly drnk and cannot drive a car on half of a glass of beer.

Dinner was served, the waitress thought I had lost my marbles when I went into the long spiel about the fact I was buzzed. She clearly thought I was crazy. I switched to water, and was sober before we left...or at least my ears had come un numbed.

Then on to shopping...just browsing basically.

We got to Dicks Sporting Goods first. I cannot help it , but everytime I walk in there, to have dirty thoughts about the name. Especially when there is a pile of guys in there attempting to look cool in some regard. I want to bust out with "You know, you can't buy them here" and then walk away. Just once.

So we blunder this store for what felt like an eternity. Then I spotted swimsuits. I've gained some of my weight back...yes. My old swimsuits are bikinis from my skinny summer, and then a one piece that is nearly as old as my house. I am not a fan of swimwear in general. Really, why can guys get away with trunks when we ladies have tightass lycra on that our butt cheeks are falling out of? Really? I have resorted to a pair of trunks with my bikini top and a tank top over that. It works for now...sorta.

So I try on a few...they are nice. Reebok and Speedo, how can you go wrong?

Well, the names don't change the fact that I am going to have to buy a size 16 suit. It fit, and it fit nicely. But you know what, that was my moment of motivation to NOT be this size next summer. So I didn't buy it, much to my husbands agitation. I'll make do this summer with what I have, and next summer, I will not be chubby.

Then we hit Starbucks...hey I didn't say I was starting RIGHT NOW! Starting Monday morning...no more fast food...no more junk...I can do it. I did it before. I dropped 75 pounds by watching what I ate...I can get 20 off my tail.

We'll see how that goes.

Browse some more, crack some jokes at people and their idea of fashionable attire...buy my husband a VERY expensive pair of Birkenstocks (if it will make him shut up about his feet hurting, I'll pay anything) and then head home.

Arrive home to Eli plopped on the couch with JessJess, watching Sesame Street videos. He yells "Nooooo...go back!" LOL! He does everytime. The first time I was a little hurt, now I just know he is having a REALLY good time with his most favorite babysitter ever.

And it's hot outside...stupid hot. Like 103 degrees hot. Off to Bouncy again today...can't stand this heat! Blach!

No comments:

Popular Posts