About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cooking Gert and selling Motorcycles...

Well, down half a pound…big woop.

But…at least I am not seeing 185 on the scale.

I know I know, I need to just weigh once a week and not every stinking morning. Oh well…what’s gonna happen? I’m gonna probably just get mad and stop this train. LOL!

Anywhoo…my garden is doing amazingly well! Picked a HUGE zucchini over the weekend. We named her Gert she was so big. Gert was 14 inches long, 12 inches around and about 2 ½ pounds.

Gert was made into a chocolate zucchini cake last night…well, some of her was made into a zucchini cake last night. The rest of her is cut up in my fridge.

The Toddler helped stir the batter, but then he got bored and trucked off to build his farm. All righty then. It was a tasty concoction…but I need to shred the zucchini better next time. It has a bit of a coconut texture from all the flakes in it.

The motorcycle has finally sold. FINALLY. I am soo happy about this, there are just no words. The thing was bought right before my husband deployed in 2007. I tried to talk him out of it then. But he HAD to have it. So the year he was gone, it sat in storage. Then he gets home, and it sits in the building. And it sits and it sits and it sits some more. He just didn’t have time, like I told him he wouldn’t.

So we have been trying to sell the crazy thing since January! Imagine the number of flakes, scammers and idiots we have gotten from Craigslist, Ebay and Cycle Trader. Now multiply that by 15. There are some IDIOTS in this world.

Our asking price was $6000…easily worth that plus some. We’ve lowered it as the months went along, and sold it for $5500 yesterday. The guy has sent his deposit…that is done. So he just has to pick up!

Had a guy offer $3000…uh no. The he emailed back that he would pay $4000. Still no. Then he wanted more pictures of the bike. I told him that I wasn’t wasting my time..he wasn’t serious to begin with. Stopped that dead.

Had a guy want us to knock $1000 off because he would have to ship it. Uh no. You don’t buy a bra on Victorias Secret’s website, and then tell them to knock $10 off the price because you have to ship it. Doesn’t work that way.

Had a guy email us that he really wanted it, but didn’t have that much money. Really? What am I supposed to do with that? Do you want me to feel bad for you and give it to you. Doesn’t work that way buddy. If you can’t afford the bike, you are not going to be able to afford the insurance, the maintenance, etc. You’re gonna bust your tail in two minutes and be done is what you are going to do.

We had four or five that arranged to come see it, never showed up. Very nice of them. Very very nice.

Then the scammers…that was fun. When an email is written in formal English, it is a scam. No one writes like that when they regularly speak the language. One almost had us fooled. Until the final email came about being out of the country and sending a wire transfer. It was slick…

I’m just sick of the bike sitting there. Tired of seeing it everytime I go into the building for something. Just tired of it. It’s time for her to go to a new home where she will be loved and enjoyed.

No comments:

Popular Posts