About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

It was my first time...

I have my first Follower! WOW! Happy Fourth of July to me!

I log in before jumping in the shower after an evening of bug spray and fireworks, and there is a new Follower! Hoorray!

I have no idea if I am down any weight. I've sweated about fifteen pounds off because I chased the Toddler everywhere this weekend. But I cannot confirm or deny those allegations. I know that the pan of brownies I ate this evening in lieu of the watermelon (of which I am allergic to) will not help my numbers at all come tomorrow morning. Alas...what's gonna happen? The 'you promised astounding results' police are not going to show up. However, the dude to haul away the motorcycle is supposed to...please keep your fingers crossed.

We journeyed five hours south this weekend to my inlaws and enjoyed the Lazy Five Ranch. My sister in law recommended it and we all had a good time together. I will say, the wagon ride portion was a lot of fun, but the Virginia Safari Park has them beat hands down on variety of animals and experience. Very nice clean park, reasonable rates....but I think our park in VA is just a bit better. The Toddler enjoyed it immensely! Especially the giant cattle they have. OMG...all I could think was 'STEAKS!'

As for my inlaws, for posterity sake, I am not going to write anything demeaning or bad. They are very nice people... The husband and I have been together since high school, so we've figured each other out. This blog is not about inlaws issues, unless a juicy one pops up.

However, my MIL had gastric bypass last year...and I am concerned. She eats JUNK. JUNK JUNK JUNK POPSICLE JUNK all the time. She hasn't changed what she consumes, just the quantity is limited. Its sad...she is miserable. She's lost so much weight, but food is such an issue. We cannot even go out to eat without drama. Makes me want to make sure I get my tail back on the wagon. I don't want to end up like that...ever.

We headed home this morning, another six hours in the car with a nearly three year old...oh goodie. But he passed out about half way home, and literally did not wake up until we turned onto our exit. How's that for instinct! He woke up and blurted out "Where we are?" His version of "where the heck have you all taken me now?!" Poor kid...he's peed in every rest stop between here and whereever. I will say, NC rest areas are VERY clean and well kept. Thank you North Carolina! (BTW: Georgia rest area supervisors please travel to NC to see how you are supposed to do this..GA wins the Nastiest Rest Areas Award).

Tonight we hosted the 2nd Annual Cul De Sac Fourth of July Spectacular. Basically everyone shows up at our house, we water our lawn and driveway with the sprinkler while eating dogs and burgers and sipping beers...the at dark, we start the extravaganza.

Of course, right before we start the extravaganza, The Toddler flips his chair over and bonks his head on the sidewalk...so I immediately imagine the rest of our evening in the ER. He cried for two seconds then tells me he is 'Happy now'. Okay...

So $50 worth of Sam's Club fireworks later, a kiddo that keeps asking if we are done yet, a cat that has completely left the state, and one slightly drunk neighbor offering commentary the whole time, we disperse and are done. Thus ends the second annual festivities. And a fun time was had by all.

Happy Fourth!

No comments:

Popular Posts