About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Martin's...oh how I loathe thee...let me count the ways.

Martins…oh how I am starting to LOATHE thee…

Ukrops sold out to you. I get it. Capitalism at it’s finest. I had high hopes. I was sad to see Ukrops go...but this was a whole new era! New items, new prices...same people.

You promised greater selection of organics and natural foods (which you fulfilled).

Your beer and wine selection is quite good.

Your Sunday and Holiday hours are awesome. I hated doing the Saturday night run to Ukrops to load up on my son’s Ricemilk and other food items I could only acquire there and not drive an hour to Whole Foods.

Blah blah blah.

BUT…you are killing me with your shabby overpriced produce.

Give me a break!

Molded raspberries? Really? Who is running your produce department that you did not see the fluffy green and white and RED raspberries. We are not finding new ways to take penicillin here…get it off the shelf!

Your blueberries. Buy 1 Get 1 pint for $3.99 Or you can buy a quart for $3.99. Can you do the math? Either way, I’m getting quart for $3.99

And the blueberries..never again. Three days and they are shot. Never again.

And the ears of corn. What a shame. Half ears...not full at all...maybe three quarters up the cob. Did we get the culls of the crop? Not buying it. I'll buy at the Farmer's Market.

Alas, this morning, was the piece de resistance…I bought blackberries. Just a little container.

Nowhere in the directions did it state that I would probably need to soak them for hours to get all the dead leaves and stems out of the berries. Did your supplier run them through a grinder? You ruined my cereal, and I am on a diet…this is not acceptable in my world this morning.

I’ve never seen so many leaves and stems all gommed up in a berry before. They were floating in my cereal...I couldn't eat it.

I’ve picked blackberries before. Honestly, I don’t remember grinding up leaves and stems and throwing them in the batch too…I picked the BERRY for crying out loud, not mowed the field.

OMG...I'm so disgusted with what you have done with Ukrops and what they were in this community. Your employees are under a giant veil of 'big chain' now and cannot even be trusted to use their common sense in dealing with a problem, while your customer has to stand in line for 20 minutes while the cashier beings out The Book and looks up The Code. Really? For that watermelon, I should have just left it on the counter.

Or the manager that is trolling that seems to be in NO hurry whatsoever to help you out...or even knows how to help.

I'll still shop there...I know I will. I can't eliminate you completely because of the items you carry that I need. But I will NOT do my regular grocery shopping there, and your produce is forever off of my list.

Argh...like you care.

No comments:

Popular Posts