About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

1994 called!

We purchased a camper...
Don't get too excited...it's not a mac daddy fifth wheel with roll out living room and bigger than my house.
It's a pop up.
Yup...a starter camper if you may.
Just big enough for the Hubby, the Toddler and maybe me. The Toddler seemed to just move in last night when we set it up in the driveway. He didn't want to leave to come inside.
It's nice...and roomy...and clean...and a good starter for us to make sure we really want to get into this camping thing without sinking ourselves in a huge payment. Campers are not cheap...no way.
So we've popped it up out in the driveway. It's cute...and we really look like the neighborhood yoo hoos.
It has a sink...a stove...a refrigerator...two beds on either end (duh), a dinette that folds into a bed (We've decided to just make it into a couch and be done with the dinette thing), lots of storage, and a potty/shower right in the living room! Who could ask for anything more!?
By the way, unless it is a DIRE emergency, I am not using the potty in the living room. I will happily truck my tail to the bathhouse. However, it will be handy for the Toddler.
I need to do a few things...
One...find replacement covers for the dinette cushions. Really...1994 called and wants that pattern back. This is a 2004 camper, but OMG...the pattern is 1994...all zig zaggy lines and weird color combinations. Solid blue would be nice. And normal.
I don't sew...so this could be a small issue. I will just deal with it until I can figure out what to do exactly here.
I want tacky lights to string on the awning. The Hubby says no...I have a check card thank you very much and access to Ebay, Craigslist, and a Dollar Store.
I want that big state sticker that you see on the big RVs and I want to fill in states. Hubby again says no...again...I have a check card and access to Ebay, Craigslist and a Dollar Store.
I am going to tack my ILOVEMOUNTAINS bumper sticker on it. And then play dumb when he sees it. It was there already...even though the people we bought it from had never been to WV...but still.
I've hit Target's clearance and have plates, bowls, storage caddies, cups, etc. We even bought a small tabletop gas grill. We're moving right along.
Made our first camping reservations too. Four days at Myrtle Beach. At that point the camper should have shrunk to 1/4 its size and we've either decided we like this or we don't like this. Whatcha think?
We have hopes and dreams of going places and doing fun things together on the weekends with this contraption. I can only hope that this all works out. If not, I know how to use Craigslist. Which, by the way, is where we found it.
This should get really interesting...

No comments:

Popular Posts