About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday Simple Supper

I was too tired to go nuts making our Sunday Supper this weekend.  I only got one made...so no double dinners today.  We'll have Sketti on Monday as a leftover. 

Vegetable Venison Soup and Grilled Cheese sandwiches

Recipe below for the crock pot:

I use about 2lbs of venison, but that is because it cooks down so much.  Use a pound of whatever ground meat you prefer.  I really like using ground chicken myself.
Bag of frozen soup mix vegetables.  I get the big PictSweet bag.  I like a LOT of veggies.  My mom was pretty skimpy on the veggies when I was a kid.
I used a jar of homecanned stewed tomatoes, but a big can from your grocer will be just fine.
Depending on how 'soupy' you want it.  1-2 cups of your favorite vegetable broth or stock.  Do not use beef or chicken stock.  Then it just tastes really beefy or really chickeny.  And I know chickeny isn't a word.   The vegetable is neutral.
1 pack of McCormick Beef Stew seasoning, salt and pepper.

Brown your meat.  

While that is browning, go ahead and start your crock pot ingredients. 

Toss in tomatoes, seasoning pack, frozen veggies and add vegetable broth, salt and pepper. 

Once the meat is brown, add it in and stir.  Then decide if you want to add more vegetable broth.

Put the lid on and set on low for four to five hours...and forget about it.  It's that simple.


The Toddler requested grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.  No, he did not request sketti and meatballs..which was weird.  My grilled cheese sandwiches are nothing special.  Grilled cheese is about it.

So we had soup and sandwiches for Sunday Supper.  And even The Toddler ate some soup.  He's slowly wading into soups.  But he's coming around. 

For a cold windy winter night.  It was kind of nice.

No comments:

Popular Posts