About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Supper(s)

Today is Sunday.

Two suppers cooked and in the fridge.  Whew.

I didn't take a pic of the antelope sloppy joes.  There just isn't anything all that photogenic about ground meat in a sauce.  It's generic.  And not all that appealing.

But heres my recipe:

2lbs of ground meat...browned.

Squirt of dijon mustard
About 1/2 cup of ketchup
2 cloves garlic minced
Dash of Worcestshire sauce
Salt and Pepper
And I threw in some Ms Dash garlic and onion
1/2 can of tomato sauce and half a can of a small can of tomato paste
You can add more if you want them a little saucier

I put mine in the crock pot on low for about four hours and let them meld. 

Second recipe:  Chicken Pot Pie(s)

I have never made chicken pot pie before.  How hard can it be? 
I baked a whole chicken and deboned it
1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of evaporated milk
Frozen green beans, peas, corn and carrots
Salt and Pepper  (needed more of this so I will adjust for next time)


Crust is a biscuit recipe

2 cups of flour
3tsp of baking powder
A stick of melted butter
2/3 cup of milk
1/2 tsp salt

The problem...I made WAY too much filling.  I mean WAAAAY too much filling.  A whole chicken is too much for small pot pie.  So I managed to get my first pot pie made in my casserole dish and realized that I wasn't going to get everything in that dish plus some, so I put The Husband to working on the second round of crust.  He doesn't mind working with dough and flour.  I hate working with dough and flour...I just want to keep washing my hands.

Then there was the baking. The recipe called for just 30 minutes.  At 30 minutes, my crust was pretty, but the insides were not warm.  I had too deep of a baking dish going on.  So back in for another 15 minutes with aluminum foil over the crust...then another 20 minutes...Finally...

 It was pretty...and tasty!  Even The Toddler enjoyed every bite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 suppers cooked in 1 day? Go you!

Popular Posts