About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Single Parenting

I know I know I KNOW...I am technically NOT a single parent.

But for a year, I get to be Mom, Dad, Disciplinarian, Playmate, Manager, Chauffer, etc...all by myself...with no helping hands.

And I get to hang out By Myself at the Baby Pool when I go with friends today.

Yeah...that was fun.

My BFF is in town from Maine...you know the State that she fled to and abandoned me a few years ago.

I am not holding a grudge or anything.

She came in for the weekend and made her rounds between friends and family.

A potluck/pool party was held on Saturday night at one of her close Teacher Friends' house...and we ate hot crab dip, (I made pepperoni rolls which will have a blog all their own in a few days)...and brownies. 

The kids played in the pool.  Well, mine ran around the edges waving a Pool Noodle and pretending it was an Elephant Trunk.

Sunday was another excursion...to the Teacher Friend's Pool Club.

And it rained all freaking morning.

So we waited it out.

When the sun finally appeared...and we journeyed to the Pool...I knew I was kind of up the creek.

I have the youngest child in the gaggle of kids.  LIke YOUNGEST YOUNGEST by 8 or 9 years at least.  So no one even CLOSE.

BFF likes laying out in the sun and just chatting.

Teacher Friend's all like to lay out in the sun and chat.

And their kids are ALL older.  And in the Pool.  By themselves.

So I spent the better part of my day, sitting at the Baby Pool with the stupid water cannon toy and putting out the 'fires'...otherwise known to Non-Kiddos as Fountains.

Yup.  Fun times.

I mean...I love playing with my kid...but I kept looking longingly over at the lounging Teachers and wanting to go chat...and just hang out.

But no.  I had to be the Responsible Mommy and play with my kid.

I know it sounds like I was miserable...I guess I was more lonely than anything.

If The Husband had been home, we would have had a Girls weekend. 

Since I can't get a Freaking Babysitter to show up for an Interview, then that was out of the question anyway.

I'm just irritated I guess.

They offered to move their stuff over to the Baby Pool with me but I did say No.

Why?

Because there were no lounge chairs there...just tables and chairs.

The Kiddo was squirting everything in a ten foot range with the stupid water cannon that will find its fate after bedtime.  I didn't want to make them sit through that...

And really...Spending time with him was Fun.

He told me I was 'The Bestest Ever'...until I tricked him into the Big Pool and I was 'Not the Bestest Anymore Mom!'   Once he figured out it was fun, I was 'Bestest Ever' again.

But I'm sick of the Baby Pool.

No comments:

Popular Posts