About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Things NOT to say....

Here is a list of tips of things NOT to say or bitch about around a friend/family member/co worker with a spouse that is deployed or works out of town a lot.

1)  If your husband leaves and goes on a six week motorcycle trek around the United States...Please do not fucking come into work all snotty and teary eyed.  I put mine on a fucking plane to a War Zone for a year.  Dry it up in the car sister and get a grip before you stroll in here.  I am going to roll my eyes at you.  And did.  When I turned around to head back to my desk.

2)  If your husband is going to be out of town for the weekend due to a work trip, please do not flip out at work about how you are going to go nuts with the kids by yourself all weekend without his help.  Oh. My. God.  Really?  Really?  Just keep that to yourself because I am passing serious judgment on your ass over here.

3)  Don't snurl your nose at the friend/family member/ co worker and make a smart ass remark about vacation time.  Sister, all I said was 'you don't have to worry about me taking a week of vacation for a while....Haha! '  I didn't pee on your parade and you didn't need to smart back 'you've already had your vacation it's time for mine'   Get over yourself.  It wasn't the vacation we had planned for the year.  The rug got yanked out from under us.  I was joking with you and laughing at the fact that I am kind of planted in one place for a while.  Geez. 

4)  Oh give me a break.  You can't sleep when your husband isn't home.  Please.  I get it.  But please don't go on and on and on about how lonely you are, and scared, and nervous.  Blah blah blah.  I'll trade ya.

5)  Remember that the friend/family member/ co worker is ALONE.  A.L.O.N.E  Yes, I am going to stress a little bit over stuff that seems to be mundane.  You have a support system and someone else in the house that can help fill in the gaps.  My little support system can't get his own juice yet.  I literally have one set of hands and four jobs to do with them.

Vent done..I'm just bitter.  Bitter Bitter Bitter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ASSHOLES

Popular Posts