About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Survival Mode...

Well...it isn't THAT desperate...but we are pretty much camping at our house.

Power went out at 2p on Saturday during that Bitch Irene.
And she roared until 2am..so a total of about 18 hours at my house pacing from window to window to door to window...and repeat.
We are still without power, and since I live in a Rural Area...and the damage there is FIERCE...we are looking to not have power until Friday or so.
And it sucks.
BUT...I didn't have to call the insurance company.
I have my generator.
And we are fine.
I'll update later...with other observations.

(Please note...I am posting from work during my lunch)
But to the local Richmond Media...YOU SUCKED at this.
If I had not been a devout follower of wxrisk.com, I would never ever ever have expected it to be this bad.
And to not bother with on air coverage...that made you YOU SUCK HARDER.
60 minutes of music...AWESOME.
Through a Hurricane.  Exactly what I wanted to hear.
I had no phone, no internet, no power...and my radio was nothing but Music and a freaking NASCAR race.
Deplorable.
Oh, and to tell your on air viewers to visit your webpage...HA!  What effing webpage am I supposed to visit ASSHOLE?!   85% of my county is STILL without power.  1.2 million people were without power. Let me jump on my laptop...yup.  DUMBASS.
I would like to have had at least a weather cut in to update the RADAR to let me know how much longer this damned 80 mph wind was going to rock my house...not that effing hard.
SHIT people...I work in MEDIA and thank GOODNESS it is not LOCAL media...cause you all SUCKED.

And to the folks that said it was hyped.
Drive down my way...lets talk HYPE.
Screw you.

Rant done.

Sorta...till I get home and have to rev up the generator again.

Bless my Craftsman generator...courtesy of lessons learned during Isabel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear ya loud and clear. Too many days without power during too many hurricanes in my lifetime. I will have to say being on this side of things, they definitely have downplayed it your way..

sorry. hope those electric guys get their acts in gear sooner than later!

Mad PROPS to you for managing a generator! HOLLA! :)

Stephanie said...

Girl, you are one badass momma! I gotta hand it to ya, sweetie, riding out that storm with just you and the boy..pretty amazing.

Thanks for the link to wxrisk.com. I'm going to check them out from now. I hate all this hype from the local stations and then they are always wrong.

Glad you two are safe!

Popular Posts