About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Roughing it...at the Hampton Inns & Suites

I had an epiphany at about 9p last night.

My house smelled like wet hot dog and mildewy towels.

The roars of the neighborhood generators were about to drive me bonkers.

I could hear my freezer dripping water on the pile of towels in the bottom.

I had a lamp hooked up to our generator.

And I was tired.

Tired of cold showers, and eating take out.

Tired of bothering to keep it together.

I wanted a hot shower, to do a load of laundry, flip a switch and the lights would actually come on.

You know...the basics.

So I called the Kennel where we board The Dog, and he answered.  He had Power!  He was Open!

I got off the phone, turned to Kiddo and said 'Wanna stay in a Hotel?"

He leaped off the couch with a 'Oh Yes!" and started packing his pull along back pack. 

Haha!

So we packed our little suitcase last night, went to bed...and we dropped The Dog off this morning.

I held off all day making the reservation.  I wanted to make sure our Power didn't come back on.

Dominion Virginia Power said between 12p and 6p in their little automated recording. 

Honestly, I didn't know a SINGLE person that had actually gotten their power back during the estimated time they had been given.

After work, I picked up Kiddo...we hit Target for snack essentials and dinner at Bob Evans.

His choice.

I don't know if he has ever been in a Bob Evans, but he was ALL about it.

No Power according to The Neighbor.

So we checked in.

Then The Neighbor called...our Power was back!

There was no way I was driving the hour home to walk into a house that still smelled like wet hot dog and mildewed towels.

Nope...I am lounging in my big bed with the TV on and every single light in the room blazing. 

We have a load of laundry downstairs drying and the Kiddo is going to get a scrubbing tonight.

I am too.

I am going to take like three showers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you mama! Take it easy and enjoy that AC with the boy!

Popular Posts