About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The $2500 Question

A new notice was taped to the door to the classroom when I arrived this morning.

Well...let's clarify.

I NOTICED the new notice taped to the door of the classroom this morning after I had managed to ditch Obnoxious.    She had ran out (I mean that literally folks) to greet me in the parking lot. 

Yes.  She did.

With arms waving...while shouting my name.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

I am trying to block it from my memory.

I'm not sure why I have been given HER.  I really am NOT.

I haven't drowned any kittens or puppies in my life.

I'm fairly nice to old people.

I put up with the Little Girl at my son's daycare for way too long that wouldn't leave him alone.

But what did I do to deserve Obnoxious? 

Really?  What is the divine purpose here?

I'm not sure...but I am becoming quite the Silent One. 

I read A LOT in class...whether I am reading or not.  Because if I look up, she's talking.

About something.

Her ex boyfriend. 

Her Philadelphia Eagles fetish.

Her ex boyfriend.

Her new boyfriend.

Her exboyfriend.

Oh and the Philadelphia Eagles thing.

OMG.

But I digress.

Upon noticing the new notice...I have a new goal in mind for this weekend.

It's a Scholarship Essay Contest.

What would we tell our High School selves, advice and criticism...?

High School was so long ago...and my years in High School were much different than what Obnoxious has experienced.

Maybe use less hairspray?

Say NO to perms?

Ditch the Freak and Fall in Love with The Husband a heck of a lot sooner?

Study more (nah...I really wouldn't tell myself that...it just wasn't in me to study).  I breezed through school...I was one of those sick freaks that didn't pay all that much attention and made it in the National Honor Society.  I wasn't a studier back then.  Didn't care.  Wanted to read instead.   I'd still rather write than study.  See what I am doing right now?

Never start the Mtn Dew?

I honestly don't know what I would tell myself....

That in 20 years I would be a bit overweight and back in school after working for 15 years in a field that literally broke my neck and made me break out in hives at the idea of working in a cubicle again?

That my hair WILL stay blonde...I can stop bleaching it and pretending its natural.  It's not...the natural color is close to that...and doesn't look so bleached you idiot.

The Husband and I will take 15 years before we manage to conceive a child...so all the early fears are for naught...

That I would be seeing a therapist to deal with my anxiety and obsessiveness.  The pills are never going to work and just make me sicker.

The new Star Wars movies...especially the First One...kind of ruin the whole thing.  Other than the smoldering hotness that is Hayden Christiansen.

Or maybe...I would tell my High School self that Life Happens. 

You have to suck it up, chin up, and march on.  People die.  People are born.   People leave your life.  People come into your life.  Doors open, doors close.  You will work in a place that is too hot.  You will work in a place that is too cold. 

But you will LIVE.  You will breathe in and out.  You will EXPERIENCE.  You will LEARN.  You will be DISAPPOINTED.  You will TRIUMPH. 

And that's what I need to tell my High School self.

Because it's plain and simple...I wouldn't have listened anyway.

No comments:

Popular Posts