About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Busy week...and other ramblings...

I started my classes on Monday.

All I have to say is WOW.

One...I feel like ten thousand pounds of weight have been lifted from my shoulders and I am no longer under the burden of what NBC might or might not do, and I no longer have to listen to sales managers bicker in the background of yet another freaking conference call about how they want an inventory report to look.  I am happy.  I am free.  I am not sitting at a computer all damned day.  I'm feeling wonderful.

Two...I am not the oldest student.  Her name is Ms Nancy and she has apparently taken a liking to me (not in a bad way).  She gave me her old notes, which reek of cigarette smoke but that's tolerable if I am getting inside help, and she decided to make me her lab partner today to do blood draws.  Awesome!  Then I got called back over the Newbie Table to learn to take Blood Pressure.  Realizing very quickly that I do not like their cuffs nor their stethoscopes, I emailed The Husband to tell him that I was going to do some shopping later.  He sat down with a Medic and ordered me a very nice set.  It will arrive tomorrow.  Awwww.

Three...the Youngest Student has hot glued herself to my derrier and will forever be known as Obnoxious.   She greeted the class with a leap and a bound (no kidding) on the first day, and has talked, jabbered, fluttered, and mumbled her way through the classes ever since.  And she sits next to ME.  Yes, she does.  She decided I was going to be her BFF and will not leave me the eff alone.  I understand she wants to make friends, and she is very sweet...but for EVERYTHING HOLY GIRL...SHUT THE EFF UP.  No, I do not want anything out of the snack machine.  No, I cannot pick you up nor take you home because you don't have a car, nor do you know how to drive.  No, I don't want to hang out and chat after class because your ride isn't going to be here for another two hours.   I've been very nice to her so far, but after two days, I am about to go to my instructor and beg for her to be transferred to another MOD.  OMG.  She's making me want to wear a sign that says  "I have no idea who she is" around my neck.  I have resorted to writing my notes in Shorthand to get her to stop effing looking at me.  I swear I did nothing to attract her attention.  She literally moved her crap from one end of the room to where I was sitting and plopped down and announced herself.  And she hasn't left since.

Four...I dumped my Pediatrician.    Yup.  I have had enough.  When the damned Med Asst (I know, because she was the one who told me about the program I am currently in) got smart with me last week about Kiddo's Immunizations, I had had enough.  I had waited my last two hours in the office.  I had dialed and gotten no one for the last time.  I had been transferred to the abyss one too many times.  I was done.  This was it.  So today I toured the new Pediatrician's Office and was very pleasantly suprised that not only did they have a very clean facility, most everyone there knew how to string a sentence properly, and didn't call me MOM...rather than Mrs. The Husband.    So I drove to Old Pediatricians office to pick up the latest Physical form and drop off the Records Transfer.   Damnit...they didn't have the Physical complete.  They had not recorded his latest shots.  Uhm no.  Plus, they wanted me to bring Kiddo back for a blood draw.    NO.  Big Fat NO.  You failed to do it...you didn't follow procedure.  AND, you wrote on the physical that he had Acute Hearing Loss and you were Referring him to an Audiologist.  Funny...you never mentioned that AT ALL.  Dipshit...he's FOUR.  He wasn't going to raise his hand with the beep.  HELL.  I told you he passed his final hearing test in April at the Audiologist with flying colors.  You also mis freaking spelled CLARITIN.     I'm outta here.

Five...my Inlaws were in town over the weekend.  That's drama in itself.  Mother In Law can't hold a thought for more than a few seconds.  And Father In Law cannot hear...he has a tumor on his auditory nerve or something.  So that was a fun time.  But he did repair an electrical outlet and a piece of molding in my bathroom.    Kiddo had a blast...but it was TIME FOR THEM TO LEAVE on Sunday.

Six....we attended an impromtu birthday party on Sunday for the daughter of a woman that I grew up with.  It was fun, but I quickly saw that I have raised the Smartass Class Clown.  Also, girls and boys are wired completely differently.  The girls were content to play Duck Duck Goose, and Musical Chairs.  The boys found Bubble Wands and used them to bat balloons around the room.  But they all ate cake and pizza and were happy with their goodie bags.  I also do not want to host a birthday party at that location.  The party planner SUCKED and didn't know what to do with the kids.  And two hours in a party room was a bit much without turning the kids loose in the rest of the facility.

Seven...I have discovered that I can literally spend hours in the Quiet Room at the Library studying and using my laptop without someone's kid clamboring around and everything else going on.  It's freaking WONDERFUL.

Eight...I've signed Kiddo up for Indoor Winter Soccer at the YMCA.  I hope he's excited! 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That all sounds awesome! Sounds like you are kicking a** and taking names. You go, girl!

Anonymous said...

Ditto kicking ass and taking names!

UGH with the young chick. Get a life already.

In-laws Schmin-laws.

YAY for quiet study time.

Popular Posts