About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gonna have to have a Bigger Towel

Today was my first day taking advantage of the Military OneSource YMCA privileges for Deployed National Guard families.  Click here if you are interested in knowing more.

I trotted into the YMCA that is close to my new training site (I'm not sure I can call it a school, but a vocational center sounds odd too).  I had my Orientation.  I met my Instructors.  I met my Classmates (more on the one I dubbed Obnoxious later).  

This is after Kiddo and I did a Dry Run of Daycare DropOff and my Dash to Class this morning.

Worked like a charm. 

Hope tomorrow works as well.

Anywhoooo....

I had packed my workout clothes, my make up, a towel, washcloth, etc.

Did my little workout. 

Mile and a half on the treadmill...some shoulder exercises for this stupid herniated disk in my neck...then I blundered around a bit.

Nice facility. 

LOTS of older people...very friendly.

I decided...you know...I need to take a shower.  I was meeting my Ex-Boss for Lunch and didn't want to feel icky all day.

Soooooo...I began to try to figure out the whole logistics of this.

One...I've never showered at the Gym.  EVER.

Two...There is no bench or anything in the showers for your stuff.

Three...I've never showered at the Gym.  EVER.

So I undressed in the little curtained off stall.

I peered out the curtain...no one around...here I go!

Then I wrapped my towel around me and flip flopped my way around the corner to the shower room.

Realizing half way there that I CLEARLY need a Bigger Towel.

I felt a bit Under Toweled.

Jump into the shower...do a quick swipe down...dry off...

Then I poke my head out...look right...wall....look left...empty corridor.

And I dash back to the little stall.

Get in the stall and realize my clothes are NOT in there.

I had jumped into the wrong little stall.

And of course there are like three people in the locker room getting dressed.

Awesomely awesomeness.

So I stand there....like a dumbass.

And wait.

And drip.

And wait...

It's like needing to Poop in a public restroom...you try to wait until EVERYONE gets out of the rest room before you go...

COME ON PEOPLE!

My butt is too big for my towel...I don't want to flash anyone...and I don't want to look dumb.

Looking dumb was probaby the number one problem.  I really didn't want anyone going home and talking about the Idiot in The Locker Room that went into the wrong dressing stall.

I was pretty much over the Flashing everyone by this point.

One by one they depart...except one little old lady in her fancy dancy turquoise swimsuit.  She takes her bloody time.

FINALLY, they are all out, so I duck out and dash down two more curtains to my stall.

Big DUH.

Get dressed, wrap my wet stuff up, and then proceed to act like I knew what I was doing all along.

Freshen the make up...touch up the hair...blah blah blah.

All the while I am wondering what I am going to do about the towel situation.

Once I leave...I email The Husband and tell him about needing a bigger towel.

His reply "Now you know why I brought a beach towel over here"

Well...no freaking kidding.

No comments:

Popular Posts