About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Date Night

So The Husband is SICK.

Like raging-cough-sneezing-fits-snot-snorting-oh-my-god-will-you-stop kind of SICK.

You know the kind...where you start looking at your spouse/child/co worker and willing them silenty to STOP THE COUGHING!    And then you want to start throwing something at them.  Then you sigh everytime they cough.  Finally it progresses to 'Really!?!' everytime they start up again.

He couldn't help it.

Having two parents that chain smoked really didn't set him up very well.

So sick...his Command sent him home early last week so that I could take him to the doctor..AGAIN.

I guess they couldn't take it anymore and got him away from them so that they could hear themselves during the briefings.
And we were at the clinic for two hours.

While he coughed...and coughed...and coughed...

Did I mention he was coughing?

I had a moment with the Physicians Assistant. 

Because she said it had to run its course...as he started hacking up another lung.

Eh hmmm...uhm...this is our third time here...in three weeks.

Really don't want to see you EVERY Friday...sooooo....

Here goes:

We don't have time for course running sweetheart...he needs a steroid, and an inhaler, and some Azythromycin...please and thank you.
Oh yeah...and some Mega Make This Guy Stop Coughing Cough Medicine.
And then I smiled.
Cause I was sick of hearing him hack.

And he leaves in a few days...and I don't want to be annoyed with him over the COUGHING.

Then we had a date...because my parents were watching The Tween Toddler for the evening while I hauled Mucous Boy all over the place.

We ate Taco Bell while sitting in the parking lot waiting on his prescriptions.

It was kinda fun and really nice.

And a lot more expensive than it used to be.

I remember a Soft Taco Supreme being 89 cents.

That sucker is like $1.67 now!

So for a Chicken Gordita, a Soft Taco Supreme (cause he hadn't eaten in four days and really wasn't hungry but I made him eat so he could get doped up in the pharmacy parking lot once they were through putting stickers on the boxes of medicines they pulled off the shelf)...and two drinks...it was almost $10!

Hell...are you kidding?

But it was a nice date...at 10pm...in the Pharmacy parking lot.

And he coughed...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ah, the days when I could use the change from between the seats for two crunchy tacos.

And I thought I was the only one who threatened bodily injury when my hubby would not/could not stop coughing.

Hope he feels better soon.

Popular Posts