About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Here's what happens...

Toddler Tween used to be a HUGE Sesame Street Fan.

Then he discovered CARS.

Followed by Thomas the Train.

He hasn't watched a SINGLE episode of Sesame Street in probably nine months.

His Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, and Snuffy were packed away upstairs when we did the house purge back in January.

And I cleaned out the DVD collection last week and resold 99% of them to a consignment shop for a sweet price.

Last night, I ask Toddler Tween... "What movie do you want to watch tonight?"

He answers "Sesame Street...Big Bird Movie"

O. M. G.

I had saved two Sesame Street DVDs...that was it.  Big Bird Sings and the 25th Anniversary Musical Celebration.

I knew he didn't really mean either of those...but I gave it a go.

So I stuck in the 25th Anniversary and hoped for the best.

He was satisfied and watched it. 

Then we went to bed...with Big Bird and Snuffy.   That I had to go find out in the attic.  In the box.   With the other Sesame Street characters, that are now littering my living room...AGAIN.

This morning...he wants to watch Big Bird again.

O. M. G.

So I replayed the 25th Anniversary...and he was ok with that.

But the problem hit after nap.  He wanted "the Big Bird movie with the Dodo's"

You know Follow that Bird.

The movie that I DEFINITELY do not own anymore.

I stuck in Big Bird Sings...and he watched that.  Until it ended...and there were no Dodo's.

I was in a pickle.

So I explained, with a sad face and apologies...that I had given that movie to another little boy.

I was not about to mention that I sold it for store credit.

He hadn't watched it but maybe twice...how was I to know that as soon as I cleaned out the DVD rack that he would have a sudden resurgence of interest towards Sesame Street?

Netflix only has one Watch Instantly video too...dang it.

But I am set if he decides he wants to watch Backyardigans for 24 hours straight.  They have LOTS of those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It never fails!

We are still in Thomas mode around here...

Popular Posts