About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Riddle Me This...

During our foray to see Thomas the Train in Baltimore MD, we stayed at a hotel that had very good reviews and was in a good location.

The price was OK, but for Inner Harbor, that's pretty much what you pay.

We had an OK experience.  It wasn't a hotel I would seek out to stay in again, and it wasn't so bad that I checked out early and am still grossed out about (that story to be fully posted later once the credit card dispute is taken care of).

I wrote my unbiased good/bad review this weekend on TripAdvisor, as I do with nearly every property we stay in.  I heavily depend on TripAdvisor when looking for a new hotel, and I feel it is necessary that my opinion be posted along with those that I depended on.

I'm mouthy.

Within an hour of my post clearing their review, I was contacted via email by the Hotel Manager.

He was very apologetic...especially the part where the check out clerk kept saying Toddler Tween was 'pissed'  'really pissed'  'he's pissed isn't he?' because we were leaving and he wanted to go see Thomas again.

I was taken aback, but as my kid was yelling his lungs out in the atrium, I didn't ask to see her manager.

The other problem was the fact that we had reserved a two queen/1 bedroom suite and ended up with the teeny tiny 1 king/1 bedroom suite with a pullout sofa.

For my good/bad review...the manager is giving me a free weekend next year to try their property again.

Really?

Cause I am really having a fit with the property from last weekend that wanted us to be closer to nature and left the remnants of the dog and human that had slept in the bed there for me to find.  Boogers, hair, greasy body print and all.

I just want my second night refunded.  That's all...I'll pay for the first night.

But nope. 

Uhmmmm?  What?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ewww....

Maybe you could give the free stay to your in-laws or something. :)

Popular Posts