About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Well...that's done

After an adventurous weekend complete with a bottle of ruined Augmentin, dirty sheets at our cabin retreat that resulted in the owners showing up at 10pm after I left a not-so-happy message on their 'emergency voice mail', and a new hotel that cost us out the nose but was fantastic...we are done.

The Husband has shipped off to his Mobilization Station...and then will head Over There.

Not being hugely pregnant and dealing with all that emotional drama...it was actually just a touch easier this time.

The Deployment Ceremony was formal and unemotional.  It was crowded and hot...and they got to spend the night with us that night.

Not like last time, when they marched them out and they were GONE.

I'm not saying it was the most fun thing in the world.

Nor something I ever want to do again.

But I did manage to NOT cry the entire drive home this go round.

And I did not sit in the parking lot with an entire roll of toilet paper in my hands like one wife.

But The Husband had to report at 5am this morning, and get on his way.

My tears started rolling at 6am when I realized it was time for me and Tween Toddler to depart the Armory.  The soldiers were getting rather busy.  We were in the way.

We needed to yank off the Band Aid...it was time.

So I sobbed all the way out the door as The Husband carried Tween Toddler to the truck.

Tween Toddler kept asking "Daddy are you not going home with us?"  "Daddy are you going to Drill?"  "Mommy...you are silly...why are you crying?"

We managed to get in the truck...say our goodbyes and I pulled out of the parking lot.

Two blocks away I get a phone call.

It's The Husband.

He has Tween Toddler's watch...

CRAAAAP.

So I have to do this freaking again.

Back we go...Tween Toddler is excited to see his watch...tells Daddy 'Thank You!' and proceeds to do as all Tween Toddler's do...find something else to holler about.

We say our goodbyes again...and we are out of there.

About an hour down the interstate, The Husband's bus passed us.

That was cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww....

Popular Posts