About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

All by Myself

Toddler Tween has been practicing the fine art of undressing himself.

This is a kid that never reveled in being naked...and I never brought up the issue of him not reveling in being naked.

He likes being dressed. 

And I'm glad.  I've never had to chase him streaking anywhere. 

Ever.

Now that he has learned NOT to pull his shirt down over his hips, and stretch the neck into next week...I am feeling some sense of progress and will happily let him take charge when it is bathtime.

Dressing himself is a whole other matter.

One...we get up too early in the morning for him to be really coherant and get dressed without me having to do it for him. 

I'm lucky he is forming sentences by the time we head out the door.

No wonder coffee was invented.  If I had to wake up every morning and be faced with watered down natural no sugar tastes like crap juice...then I would cry and whine too.

PS...I am still weaning myself off of caffeine.  I am down to two cups of coffee in the morning and one Diet Dew in the early afternoon.

I am pounding the crap out of Caffeine Free Diet Cokes, but that is another story.

He's getting better and better.

And is so excited each time he manages to undress himself.

Then he has to stand on the other side of the toilet and shoot his dirty clothes into the hamper.

It's fun.

Tonight...when we got home, he decided it was time for him to put his own swimmies on. 

I was not allowed in the bathroom with him to change...

I heard the thumping, and the shuffling...and some more thumping.

I thought to myself 'wow...it'll be so nice when he can dress himself'

But a little...well...a little LOUD voice...broke that lovely train of thought....

"Mommmmeeeeeeee!  I need a little help pllllleeeeeassseee!"

Crap.

He was stark naked...with his swim trunks in one hand and his swim shirt thrown casually over his shoulder.

And a big smile on his face.

So we aren't quite there yet...but close.

I'm fine with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yours is just getting dressed himself and mine is just getting UNdressed himself.

naked booty pic coming soon.

Popular Posts