About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Why I bought an Annual Pass

Toddler Tween and I ventured to the Zoo today since the sitter was not able to work today.

It was not going to be a totally lost day...

I practically skipped up the stairs at 8am and asked 'Do you want to go see the Rhinos?'

The kid, with his eyes still shut, nearly fell out of the bed trying to get out of it.

He got dressed more than willingly.  I was FULLY anticipating him throwing a fit because his Rhino shirt was dirty, but he happily dressed in his crocodile shirt.

Slathered down in sunscreen, cooler packed with juice packs and ice...and of course snacks....a few quarters for that one stupid ride that takes change, and off we went.

The Zoo opens at 930a.  We were there at 925a. 

Another coating of sunscreen on his legs and a slathering on his face since it is nearly an hour drive...off we went.

To the front of the line with our yellow annual pass cards, through the ticket window, and into the Zoo.

Our Zoo has three Rhinos.  Two females and one male.

I need to name them...cause that's what my son loves to do...hang out with the Rhinos.

There are parts of the Zoo he has never seen because he likes the Rhinos so much.

He's walking along with his Lightning McQueen backpack...and his Schleich Rhino clutched in his little hands...going to see the Rhinos.

And there we remained...for probably thirty minutes, in the 90 degree heat, while he ogled the Rhinos.

As the Rhino's ate...and peed...and ate what they had peed on...and peed some more.

I just sat on the decking in a shady spot...while sending text photos to The Husband of our Little Man...and explaining to the folks giving me strange looks that 'he loves Rhinos!' with that knowing smile that all parents have.

I swear I am going to make a donation for them to put a freaking bench on that deck.  Please.

In the back of my head I am grateful I had sucked it up and bought the annual pass.  Because I love it.

One...I don't have to stand in line.
Two...I don't have to worry about bringing cash for all the rides he wants to ride (they are all covered under the annual pass)  Other than fifty cents, we are set for the day.
Three...if we spend an hour sitting with the Rhinos...it's ok.  I didn't spend $30 today to sit with the Rhinos.  The Rhinos have already paid for themselves.
Four..my kid thinks it is really cool to flash his yellow card with his picture on it for the Zoo Train, the Carousel and the Sky Ride. 

I think that's the best part...him flashing his little yellow card and the big smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. We have one too and going through our own gate (by-passing the long lines) is the greatest feeling!

And your zoo has more rides than ours! We have a train and a merry go round...but that pass doesn't get us bumped in those lines. :(

Popular Posts