About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chowing Down...

Toddler Tween has pretty much recovered from his round with the  (as my grandmother used to say)  The Pew-moan-ee.

If you don't speak Hillbilly...Pneumonia.

She also used to call a Hospital a 'Horse Pistol'.

Not kidding.

After five days confined to the house, he went back to daycare on Wednesday.  Nebulizer in tow.

Today was the best day...watching him play in the yard this evening, you'd never think he had been so sick last weekend. 

It's nice to have a kid that's well.

He is eating EVERYTHING in sight.  Happy Plates at every meal!

Craziness.

And I am missing The  Husband. 

It really started sinking in now that I am on my own for the next year.  You really miss that extra set of hands, and the extra adult in the house. 

I miss having conversations with him...or just being near him.

Yes, it is definitely easier this time, but it's different.

I'm not up 24/7 with a screaming infant.  

And I can get a few things done.

But while filling Toddler Tween's new Lightning McQueen pool tonight, I remembered last summer when The Husband climbed in the pool, clothes and all, and Toddler Tween proceeded to dump water over his head.

We popped open our portable canopy, pulled the plastic deck chairs up to the edge of the pool, and stuck our feet in while Toddler Tween played himself silly.

It was just awesome.

And I miss him.

But we do go get to see him in three weeks at the Mobilization Station before he heads Over There. 

I sealed the deal with Toddler Tween when the idea of going on an airplane didn't thrill him.

Prospects of seeing Cars 2 with Daddy...now that completely sealed the deal.

Right now, his story is that 'we are going to see Daddy while on an airplane and watching Cars 2'.

In three year old world, that's beyond Super Cool.

Super Cool to me too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is cool you get to see him again....and I think Miles' first movie is going to be Cars 2 since he loves Mater so much.

Pew-moan-ee and Horse Pistol also spoken by my relatives...

Popular Posts