About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Call

My phone started buzzing in the middle of Class today.

Right after the Instructor gave us a lecture on Lab Safety.

This is right after Quirky (who is back by the way) managed to prick herself with a venipuncture needle for the second time in two days.

The Instructor has banned her from The Lab for a week for her to go through more instruction before being allowed near needles again.

But that is a whole other story.

Anywhoo...

Back to my story.

The cell phone started buzzing.

I checked to make sure it wasn't Preschool.

It wasn't.

It wasn't even a number I recognized.

So I let it go to Voice Mail...

When I checked it...It was a Doctor.

One that I had sent a resume to over the summer when I was desperately seeking a career change before classes started.

She wants to speak with me about working part time and handling some clerical work in her office.

Holy Shit Batman!

Hell yeah!

I mean...I love having all this spare time.

IF get this job, I will be able to keep my Housekeeper.

Oh please please please.

I called back after classes were done and she and I chatted.

One...she's wanting me to do menial work.

I can handle that.

Two...she's wanting to pay me literally TWICE what I was expecting.

Oh hell yes!

Three...she's very concerned that I am not going to be interested.

I'm sorry...where did you miss the OH HELL YES!??

Four...she's willing to work around my school hours and my childcare issues.

Oh FUCK YES!

So I texted my Old Boss to give her a heads up that she may have a reference check coming.

Old Boss replied.

Reference check has already been done.

O.M.G!

Old Boss gave glowing recommendation and then gave me some insight into what Doctor wants. 

I'm so excited for this interview...but I also haven't interviewed in YEARS!

I tend to talk too much...I know...shocking as hell huh?

But I've learned to be Super Quiet in class...so I'll just use that tactic.

Yeah...I'll be quiet...Super Quiet.

And draw my little part time paycheck...AND keep my Housekeeper!

Whoot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLLA!

Popular Posts