About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Really...is it that hard...???

At the beginning of the preschool year, I attended the Very Important Orientation at Kiddo's Preschool.

I sat in a little ass chair in a crowded ass room and listened patiently to the Director and Teacher and whomever else talk about the fun and exciting things they were going to do this year.

I had high hopes.

This was going to work...because as I mentioned before, our previous Daycare/Preschool freaking ROCKED!

During this half hour long spiel, the Director was very adamant about The Folder.

Each child would have The Folder in their Cubby, and this would communicate what was going on each week, contain their art work, notes from the Teacher, etc...check The Folder.

The Folder must be checked every day.
The Folder would be your main line of communication.

I guess I missed the part about how to get shit to appear in The Folder.

Because our Folder is fucking broken.

I'm tired of checking it, only to have NOTHING in it.

I've emailed the Director...she says "oh, its in your Cubby!"

Well, it fucking magically appeared after I emailed you because it was empty this morning.

Damn....I'm not dumb...nor am I blind.

 The Folder is EMPTY.

Every day.

I am missing notes on upcoming activities (mind you, I am getting the freaking notes that need money for said activity).

Half the time I don't know what the Show and Tell theme is for the week. 

I THINK we are on Letter H this week, but I could be really wrong.  Kiddo won't tell me what he did that day, much less what the theme is supposed to be.

I had to email her and ask if they were having a Halloween Party.  Apparently we had been assigned Juice Boxes.  Glad I freaking asked...I had no idea.

Again...nothing is in The Folder.

I've double checked...he is the ONLY Kiddo in the class.  So no name screw ups.

There is only ONE Cubby...so I am not looking for a mysterious Folder Only Cubby.

I've crawled around in the floor and checked IN his Cubby, beside his cubby, on top of his Cubby...even other kids Cubbys.

Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  EMPTY.

I'm just getting the shaft on this Folder shit.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my child is Extended Day...and I don't have the luxury of the three hour drop off and then face time with The Teacher everyday at pick up...I am picking him up after nap and after the Teacher has run for the parking lot.

So tomorrow morning, I am going to once again ask...where am I supposed to be checking The Folder? 

Or better yet, can I have a New Folder?

Because ours is fucking broken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dumb. Our school is all about THE FOLDER too. Weird. Why can't we talk? Or read a bulletin board? Or I don't know...get an EMAIL! They email about everything else...and sometimes the kid is in a mood and all you want to do is get him out.of.that.class.right.now and don't have time to check the damn folder!

Popular Posts