About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Let's think about it a little more...shall we?

Tattoos...

I have two.

You can't see them...and you never will.

I also have multiple piercings...one of which you WILL NEVER see...and is my own little secret.

But I just want to throw this out there to my Fellow Students and Future Competition in the Work Force:

PLEASE think about those jacked up ink monstrosities before you draw all over yourself.

PLEASE.

You are having to come to class encased in little bandaids and adhesive wrap to cover them. 

On the side of your neck...

Your hands...

Your arms...

Your writsts...

Your fingers...

Back of your neck...

Behind your ears...

Shit people....

Oh come on!

When did that seem like a good fucking idea?

Have you LOOKED at other people that you are going to work for?  What doctor's office have you been in that has a receptionist sporting an eyebrow piercing, a dermal stud and about five visible swirly tattoos...

Every been triaged by someone with four colors of hair and if you squeezed her hand you could write with the ink dripping out?

I am betting...out on a limb here...ZERO.

Really?

And stop getting pissed at the Instructor when she asks you to cover them up.

Holy hell people...you are going to have to figure it out sooner or later. 

Employers in the field we are in, are not going to be amused by you.

At all.

Ever.

Vent over...

Oh yeah...and stop telling me your Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting is better than my Bachelor's Degree.

Educate yourself on what it means.

I have the SAME CORE classes you have...I've already had English, Math, Social Sciences, Speech, Natural Science, Biology and Psychology.  I also have my degree classes. 

I am simply getting an extra skill diploma.  An Associates ON TOP of a Bachelor's is a waste of $10,000 in my humble opinion.  We are both going to get paid $9 an hour...no matter what.

It's not the degree sweetie...its the skill...and the professionalism.

Knock it off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have TWO super secret piercings. But then I freaked out about what my Gyno would think and took them out....

OY!

Popular Posts