About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Don't Forget Your Candy Corn!


Kiddo is currently obsessed with Candy Corn.

Personally, I think it is the awfullest, yuckiest, grossest, blechiest candy on the planet.

HE. LOVES. IT.

So when we went shopping for Halloween candy, I discovered that Target has the big bag of individual packs of Candy Corn.

He carried the bag with him through the store.

He stayed out of it until Halloween night.

And then the party started.

We dumped our candy into the big tub...ran and Trick or Treated a few close houses.

We get probably 100 Trick or Treaters in a good year, and I was expecting at least fifty due to the rain.  It was POURING, but I knew the die hards would be out in force.

630p our first Trick or Treaters rang the bell.  The Little Pirate and the Big Pirate (me in case you were confused) handed over fist fulls of candy.

Little Pirate got a LOT of compliments as he forked over the goods.

"Don't forget your candy corn!" yelled Kiddo...holding out a big handful of Candy Corn to the unsuspecting group of kids.

Somewhere...there were children getting home wondering where in the hell they accumulated so much Candy Corn.

I know I would be sad.

Then he ate a pack.

More Trick or Treaters, more little fist fulls of Candy Corn in their buckets.

Then he ate another pack...

Lather...rinse...repeat.

To be clear, I was happily handing out the suckers, Twizzlers, mini candy bars, and fruit snack packs.

We were not totally awful people.

He ate probably six packs...we'd handed out a ton, but there still seemed to be more in the tub.

The stuff was multiplying like a fiendish bacteria! 

I wanted it out of the house! 

Please take more Candy Corn...here Kiddo give out the Candy Corn...do you want Candy Corn?

Kiddo...come hand out Candy Corn!

But Little Pirate was done...sitting in the living room floor...sippy cup in one hand, stroking his lock of hair with the other and watching Nick Jr.

And I swear, the whole bag of freaking Candy Corn is still in the tub...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seriously LOL'd at the candy corn infestation!

My friend brought a snack to our cul-de-sac Halloween party....salted peanuts mixed with candy corn. When having a bite, put an equal number of candy corn to peanuts....and get this...it tastes like a Snickers! I didn't believe her until I ate it!

Maybe you should try that with all the leftovers!

Popular Posts