About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Monday, November 7, 2011

I've discovered

Some things I have discovered during this Deployment:

1) I can go for days without grieving and crying this time around.  Actually...I went nearly five months without crying.  I was proud of myself.  Of course I had to cry while Skyping The Husband.  But in my defense I was having a Super Shitty Day.  I'm not sure if he noticed with the massive pixelation and Shit Ass connection, but I've held up my own rather well.  Going to a Therapist on a regular basis has helped BIG TIME. 

2)  Kiddo is rather resiliant.  He's done awesome during this Deployment.  He's such a good little guy.  Even though he still pees on the floor in front of the toilet daily.

3)  Government Benefit helplines are rather hit or miss on How Helpful they may or may not be.  I just want to check my GI Bill Benefits for my classes.  One person is very helpful, then the next person is a total dork wanting to clock out. 

4)  Hire a Professional Lawn Service next time.  The Neighbor Kid has gotten on my last bloody nerve with his 'lawn care'.  If he'd quite riding his truck up and down the road to his girlfriends house every five seconds, maybe he can knock out mowing my yard!  I came home today and decided to do the Last Mow of the Year on my own before I picked Kiddo up from Preschool.   Didn't take long.  And it saved me $25.    I'll also just handle my own leaves Thank You Very Much.  It'll take forever and by the end I will swear we are living in the middle of an open field with our next house...but then I'll love the shade during the summer and swear we will never live anywhere other than in the woods.  I can't make up my own mind.

5)  No matter how much you flavor Augmentin, there is no way in hell Kiddo is going to take it without a Thomas the Train bribe.  I'll be buying a new train sometime next week when he finishes this bottle of Augmentin for the sinus infection he is sporting.  After he spit it out all over me, him and the couch where I had him cornered this morning, I caved and started the Bribe.  It worked this evening.  It went down and stayed down.  Heaven help me at 630a tomorrow.

6) I am sooo going to miss my Housekeeping Service Lady.  I love her.  I love how neat my house stays for days after she comes.  I love how I haven't had to scrub the tub in weeks.  I love how the beds are magically made and look so pretty when I get home.  I am desperately trying to figure out how to keep her in my budget.  I just don't think I am going to be able to.

7) Quirky quit.  I knew she was going to.  It was a matter of time.  She texted me and said she would be back next module.  I am thinking she will not.  I will say, things have been much better since she left.  I don't feel like I am constantly brushing off a clingy squirrel all of the time.  I know that sounds terrible but she was such a difficult person to deal with.    I can concentrate and have interactions with other students without having the urge to apologize for her behavior.

8)  Dino Dan is a really strange show.  Really really strange.  Like this kid needs help kind of strange.

9) I'm 'in like' with Twist on The Fresh Beat Band.  He's ADORABLE.

10) I'm slightly sick of Nick Jr but there are no commercials or promos that I have to explain.

11)  Life is good.

No comments:

Popular Posts