About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Are you fricking kidding me?

Toddler Tween goes to bed at about 11p last night. 

At 515a the phone rings.

It's The Husband.

He wants to talk.

Apparently there has been a rumor circulating that they will be home prior to the New Year.

I sat straight up in bed...

WHAT THE FRICK?  (I'm really working on my cussing)

On one hand...I'm elated.  YAY!

But on the other hand and both my feet, and the top of my head...my world has come crashing down around my ears.

I've quit my job.

I've enrolled in school.

We had planned on his Deployment Income to cover us comfortably while I was in school.

I've changed up daycares.

He has been gone from home since the end of March...OMG...you have got to be KIDDING ME!

You've put this family through this fast paced call up...training...run here run there...put our lives on hold, and now he's not going to complete the year as previously scheduled?

WHAT THE FRICK!

Seriously...there is no way to describe how angry I am over this.  I'm a firm believer that if you are going to do it....do it right.

We've all mentally planned for a Year...to yank that second half of the rug out from under you is quite a shock.

Damn it.

Yank these men and women away from their families...and their civilian lives...at least make it fricking worth it!

He feels the same way.  All of this, for a few months Over There...and then Home.

The heartbreak...the stress...geez.

Holy Hell.

So after I cry on the phone to him...cause you know I QUIT MY JOB...and try to explain that I am happy he might come home early but this is hard to process...he gets it...he really does.

I scramble into the kitchen, grab my notebook and calculator and start crunching numbers.

SHIT.

I was NOT planning on his civilian income (which is half of his deployment income) to get us through me going to school and finding a job.

We can do it...but it is going to be super dooper tight.  Like when we first got married and my budget for laundry every week at the laundromat was only $10.    No more.   Super dooper tight budget.

And I am going to be saving every penny I can like some crazy mad woman.

But they won't know for sure for a few weeks...but he wanted me to hear the rumor from Him and not Another Wife.

Rumors are just that...rumors. 

But shit shit shit shit shit.  I don't know if he will be coming home six months early or not...I don't have much time here.   I have eight weeks before I start school.  Someone better cough up some information!

I went ahead and applied for a pile of jobs on the nearest military post this morning, and will submit applications to local big box businesses.  IF they pick me up, for a decent salary, and decent hours...I will probably just forego going back to school until next fall when I can take it as a night course through the local high school adult education program.

SHIT.

No comments:

Popular Posts