About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Now why did I buy that?

At Target on Friday night to get the rest of the stuff for The Husband's Care Package.

Target is having their semi-annual Toy Clearance.

I'm browsing...and come across this Sand/Water table...for $15.

Awesome.  That'd be cool...his sandbox is a swamp right now until I get it cleaned out, and he loves the water table at school.

In my head I am envisioning all the fun that he will have...while I sit on the deck and drink a cold beverage.


Bought it...took it home, put it together...put a little sand in...

He's playing...I'm grilling...

Then I hear...'Mom...my sand is wet!'

I check things out...yes, the sand is wet...

'Mom...my water is dirty!'

I check things out again...yes, the water is full of sand.

This is what happens when you DUMP sand in the pond.

'Mom...the tracks have sand on them!'

Uh huh.

Crap...this is not going the way I thought it would.

I never thought he would keep the sand and water separate.  That's the fun of it...right?

Nope.

Not to my kid.

He gets bored...starts playing around with other stuff...deck chairs, etc.

So I have a lovely mess to clean up at some point today.


I'm going with the 'Farm Got Flooded' scenerio.

I'm dumping the sand.  Strictly water table only.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And that is exactly why we have a sand BOX and a water TABLE. :)

Popular Posts