About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mommy Moment

Today...Toddler Tween and I got a pile of errands done...

Recycling hauled off to the bins (we are rural and the service doesn't pick up recycling)...Check.

Gas in the car...Check.

Package mailed off to The Husband...Check.

Haircut for the Toddler Tween...Check.

Lunch at Mongolian BBQ Place that I won't bother with again...Check.

Bag of Play Sand in the trunk of my car...Check.

Miserable failure at Grocery Store when trying to buy his refrigerated Rice Milk...again.  Really...this is a natural foods/alternative foods store and you don't have refrigerated Rice Milk?   But hey, if we were into Coconut Milk or Hemp Milk, or Potato Milk...they have it.  *sigh*

And a big ass chewing for Idiot Sales Associate at Office Depot when he laughed at me in the store...Check.

BIG CHECK.

Dude was so lucky that I didn't snap my fingers and park his tail in time out right there in the aisle.

He was like 18 years old...I'm old enough to be his mother honestly.

And when he approached me in the printer aisle...and asked if I was looking for something...then he should have expected some sort of answer...because I was looking!  HELLO!

"A basic cheap printer...you know...like the Brother kind" apparently was a Hoot to him.

So he proceeds to laugh hysterically, bend over and slap his leg, and then clap his hands....all the while saying 'Basic printer!  hahahahah!  Basic printer!  Hahahahahaha!'

I raised an eybrow...and waited.

I waited until he sucked in a breath and said "Are you done?"

To which he looked at me...and then I let it roll.

All in that quiet 'you are in deep trouble Young Man' tone that Mommies seem to get when their children are born.

*I am not an idiot.  I work in a Broadcast Group office dealing with multiple pieces of technology a day and can make some systems dance for me.

*I was looking for a cheap printer to ship...not a home office type. (They were in the next aisle over)

*YOUR lack of professionalism and class are severely lacking.

*YOU embarrassed me.

*YOU lost a lot of business because I was going to add a pretty impressive laser printer/scanner/fax to the pile today, but since YOU found my request for a $30 Brother so hysterical, I would take my business elsewhere.

*And by the way, if I could park YOU in Time Out for that little act you just did...I would.

*Where is YOUR manager?

At that point, there was so much blubbering and backpedaling, he was almost spitting...and his coworkers were listening in...hard.

And I told his manager what he did.

She was not amused.

Toddler Tween and I left.

And I feel a little better for it. 

He just got his first professional Ass Chewing.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh man! I would have loved to see this!!

Popular Posts