About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Fairness

Toddler Tween and I travelled to The Husband's Mobilization area this past weekend to visit with him during his three day Pass.

Toddler Tween did super on the flights out.  He did awesome when we got the rental car and I had to install the stupid car seat that I had dragged from our home.  Tip:  If you are travelling alone, just rent the stupid car seat from the car rental company.  Its a pain to drag around on the dolly in the airport.  It was HIGHLY convenient to schlep him from gate to gate in a speedy non-distracted Mommy Look At This way....but OMG...it was getting old and  I was tired of sweating.  I'm not sure if there is an easy way to do it.

We had a great hotel.

And I got to witness my child shrieking with delight and running break neck down the sidewalk to the arms of The Husband.

That was effing awesome.

We had a wonderful weekend. 

Cars 2 at the local movie theatre.  Toddler Tweens very first movie.  And we got to do it as a family.  Another 'First' that The Husband didn't miss... Whew.

By the way, that movie is a little violent.  Crushing and killing a car in the first ten minutes.   Yeah, that kind of set the tone for the animated shoot em up spy movie.  Toddler Tween loved it...so that was the main goal.  But the Husband and I were a little surprised.

The town we were in featured a small zoo...so we trekked there and spent a few hours.

The hotel had an awesome pool, and Toddler Tween and The Husband spent A LOT of time in the shallow end.

And we just chilled.

When Sunday rolled around, and I had to get The Husband back to Post, and me and Toddler Tween had to fly again...it hit me.  With that 'I didn't do my homework' dread of going back to school.

I had to drop The Husband off and go home...and my heart sank.

And...

The Army smells like Palmolive dish soap.

Not kidding.

To anyone that has ever had to stay in military housing knows what I am talking about.  They have Palmolive dish soap in the kitchens...and that smell just smells like Army to me.

It means we are on some sort of Duty trip, or meeting with The Husband at a hotel with a small kitchen.

Guess that is why I won't buy it...because it just means Army to me anymore.  It's kind of a 'dread' smell. 

And it isn't fair that after we dropped off The Husband, and I am sobbing hysterically driving off Post, that my small child informs me...

"Don't be sad Mom.  I'll be here for you.  I will always he here.  I am not going away"

Which meant I had to pull over, gather myself and then get us to the airport.

My sweet child.

That then proceeded to let it all loose in the TSA security line at the airport.   Proceeded to throw himself down on his stomach in the checkpoint while screaming for his Stuffed Elephant (Flump) and his shoes.  Shrieked like a banshee when I gave him Flump back.  Threw even more of a fit during my personal screening by the TSA employee because they didn't understand their own policy on liquids for children under the age of 5. 

Damn it people...I can bring his three juice boxes.  Frisk me...move on.  Read your own policy.  Let's go.

But my angel returned when we had to run across the tarmac at the next airport because we had to sit on the runway for nearly forty minutes waiting on a plane to leave our gate...

And he listened...and was so good.

He's my Little Man...

Here's to a year...of whatever....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. Hope the year goes by fast.

Popular Posts