About Me

My photo
Married to GI Joe, and the Mother to GI Joe Jr (whom is currently addicted to the Wonderful World of Superheroes), I'm a WV Hillbilly plunked down in a subdivision. I have a backyard garden, crazy neighbors, and a goofy dog that we love on Tuesdays. We love to travel and explore new things, so feel free to browse our life. Sometimes it is exciting, most of the time it is just life. But we are having a good time at it.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Contact

The Husband is officially Over There...and has been mad as a hornet about his internet hookup and communications.

He couldn't be patient and just talk to some people about what they were doing...because he HAS to talk to us everyday.  He just HAS to...he won't accept it otherwise.

I should be really happy...that kind of Husband is few and far between.

But I had to keep hearing him WHINE and BICKER about the lines to use the few phones that call to the States through military bases...and then WHINE and BICKER some more.   And of course 'he can do better'.

But he got wired up (I told him he just needed to find the internet guy...duh) ...and we Skyped for the first time last night.

And Toddler Tween proceeded to show The Husband all of his toys...

Even though The Husband couldn't really see them...since Toddler Tween was showing them to the face on the monitor and wasn't really in the view of the webcam...but close enough.

And they talked...and laughed...and I saw The Husband tear up a little...cause this has GOT to suck for him.

It sucks for us...but at least we are at home, not sleeping in a literally storage container in the middle of nothing.

But the end of the conversation, Toddler Tween was getting bored...so I told him 'tell Daddy night night'.

And being the sweet nearly four year old that he is...he walked over and hugged the laptop monitor and then gave The Husband and huge kiss...right on the screen!

It was awesome...and oh so sad...

*sigh*

I miss him...this week has been emotionally pretty rough. 

Between my follow up visit with the surgeon (the lump is smaller and I have to go have a follow up mammogram), and ending up at the Kids Urgent Care with a child that had a 'corneal abrasion' from a fellow classmate, to having to listen to my boss and another co worker talk about the people they are considering for my job...I'm just a mess.  Plus I am having real anxiety issues about going back to school, finding another job...etc.

As my Therapist put it...this isn't 'normal' life and all of my resources are currently in use with really no back up resources to put into play.  I'm having to use everything in my aresenal to get day to day tasks accomplished, and I don't even realize it.   She's going to try the Rapid Eye Movement Therapy on me next visit to see if we can unlock some of this anxiety.
I'm even sleeping walking...which is FREAKING fantastic.  Haven't done that in years.  Two nights waking up in the middle of the living room kinda said 'hey chickie...get a freaking grip'.

But I am rolling with the punches...and putting on my game face.

Cause that's how I roll...

Or back peddle...or whatever...

No comments:

Popular Posts